On a trip to finish up some last minute shopping, I came to a very sad realization! People apparently do not know how to say PLEASE and EXCUSE ME anymore!! People seem to prefer to just run you over with a cart than to open their mouths and ask nicely if they can get by or need you to move so they can see something. I am sure most of us were taught proper manners at some point in life....at least I hope so!
I am not going to chalk this up to "Holiday Stress" because it happens all year long.
When did this start happening? I have my own theory, wanna hear it? No, well here it is anyway.
I think it happened when at some point in our adult lives that some of us stopped trusting in others and started making false assumptions that "The other person wants something in return" for our kindness and good manners.
I don't want to take you to Dinner and Breakfast.
I don't want your First Born.
I don't want your Money.
I don't want to drive your Car.
I don't want to buy you Drinks.
and God forbid we should have some sort of friendly conversation even if we don't know each other.
I ONLY want a little common courtesy.
The words PLEASE and EXCUSE ME are not hard to say, they only take a second to roll off the tongue, they are simple, they are non-threatening, and to the person you say them to, it shows that maybe you were raised right and have some manners.
Why don't you do your parents a favor and show other people that "YES" you were raised right!!
Filtered
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment